Posted by City Section on January 14, 2019 at 08:59:48:
Everything is up in the air because of the LAUSD strike, but putting that aside here is a current Open Division potential list:
1. Granada Hills - still putting them at 1 for now; tough game with rival ECR on Wednesday
2. Narbonne - nice win over Foothill Tech. Their big girl has improved and their style of play gives other teams nightmares.
3. El Camino - Now that Khalfani is playing, they have the top player in the Section. I would flip them with Granada if they win on Wednesday.
4. Westchester - good squad; really rounds out a Top 4 nicely for the playoffs.
5. Hamilton - I'll admit I wasn't a believer early on, but this team can play.
6. Eagle Rock - I keep doubting, but they are always well prepared and make the most of their talent.
7. Birmingham - not at the level of the top teams, but right there in second tier.
8. Legacy - No one wants to be the 8 seed, but Legacy deserves it's shot.
Unfortunately, only GH, ECR, and Birmingham (along with Palisades) is still practicing/playing. So their games with each other or out of section games are the only results that will be coming.
The GH-ECR game on Wednesday should be a good one.
Post a Followup