Posted by My 2 Cents on November 29, 2018 at 10:17:40:
Since the Daily News no longer really gives any coverage to girl's basketball, here's a stab at what at Top 10 would look like for their coverage area.
Week 3 - November 29
1. Sierra Canyon (4-0) - Far and away top team. Nice games coming up: Orangewood, Alemany, ECR, Serra
2. Alemany (7-1) - Biggest mover with some nice wins over LJCD, Brea, Centennial. Next week has Sierra, ECR, Serra
3. Harvard Westlake (3-2) - The potential with the big girl is there. Keep watching, they will keep improving. In Burroughs tourney next week.
4. Granada Hills (3-1) - Was loss to Valencia a fluke or maybe there has been too much hype? Has Crescenta Valley tomorrow and Burroughs tourney next week.
5. Chaminade (1-3) - Win against Valencia, loss to Narbonne. Need some wins in Burroughs tourney next week.
6. El Camino Real (1-1) - Has Ventura tonight in Brentwood tourney. Up next week: Sierra Canyon, Alemany, Serra.
7. Valencia (2-4) - Nice win over Granada. If it wasn't a fluke, look out Foothill League.
8. Saugus (6-1) - Nice win over Foothill Tech, other than that, not a challenging schedule.
9. Crescenta Valley (3-3) - Good game vs. Granada tomorrow, then nothing exciting for a couple of weeks until they play Burroughs.
10. Burroughs (6-0) - 3 wins vs. Hawaiian teams, so hard to gauge. Hosting annual tourney next week.
Others: Birmingham (4-3), Canyon (3-1)
Props to those teams that went to Redondo tourney to take on the best comp.
Some good games this week in Sierra Canyon tourney with Sierra, Alemany, ECR, and Serra.
Burroughs tourney is next week also, hopefully some top teams there too.
Hopefully, there will be civil, rational discussions on the pros and cons of each team or any I may have missed. Looking for a little more than "Team X sucks" or "Team Y should be there".
Here's to a great season, full of exciting games and no injuries!
Post a Followup