Posted by My 2 Cents on November 13, 2018 at 13:53:04:
Since the Daily News no longer really gives any coverage to girl's basketball, here's a stab at what at Top 10 would look like for their coverage area.
Week 1 - November 12
1. Sierra Canyon - Best combo of coaching and talent. Open Division bound for sure.
2. Chaminade - Stories of their demise are greatly exaggerated
3. Granada Hills - Let's see how they do when the games actually count
4. Harvard Westlake - Still solid in the post-Twins era
5. Alemany - May be too high; we shall see
6. El Camino Real - Brutal pre-season schedule - HW, Sierra, Alemany, Serra
7. Valencia - some nice pieces and improved coaching
8. Crescenta Valley - Looked good in fall, have to prove it in real season
9. Saugus - lots of hype around this squad, can they live up to it?
10. Burroughs - hardest working coach around has some skill players this year.
Others: Birmingham, Viewpoint, Newbury Park
I would expect this to change over the next few weeks.
Sierra is in its own tier. After that, their could be a lot of fluctuation with 2-5. ECR will try to join that mix in January when transfer is eligible. The last tier could move around too.
Hopefully, there will be civil, rational discussions on the pros and cons of each team or any I may have missed. Looking for a little more than "Team X sucks" or "Team Y should be there".
Here's to a great season, full of exciting games and no injuries!
Post a Followup