Posted by Southern Section open division only 8 teams this year on November 02, 2017 at 11:18:31:
Selection of Open Division Teams:
Up to 8 teams will be chosen at the end of the regular season for the CIF-SS Open Division.
Criteria for Selection of CIF-SS Open Division teams and Seeding
A Blue Ribbon committee will be formed by the CIF-SS to select the Open Division teams.
Committee will be made up of current and former representatives of the CIF-SS Executive
Committee, CIF-SS Basketball Coaches Advisory Committee, SCIBCA Executive Board, CIF
State Basketball Coaches Advisory Committee and Media members.
1. Teams will be selected and seeded by the committee using the following criteria: (unweighted)
• Strength of schedule
• Overall Record
• Freeman/Max Preps/CIF-SS Top 16 rankings
• Strength at end of season (including roster additions/eligibility changes/winning &
• Head to Head vs. Open Division Entries
• Overall Record vs. Open Division Entries
• Victory vs. Quality opponents
• Quality loss
• Unexpected loss
Post a Followup