Posted by JungleNutz on October 21, 2017 at 04:21:19:
In Reply to: Re: ND Basketball posted by nade on October 20, 2017 at 15:36:26:
: : : : : : : : Crespi
: : : : : : : : Alemany
: : : : : : : : Loyola
: : : : : : : : Nade
: : : : : : : : St. Francis
: : : : : : : : ND
: : : : : : : : Still in basement in the Mission League?
: : : : : : : Abunnasar left Nade . Now is at Dame .. Messed up one program and hopefully won't make Notre Dame worse
: : : : : : I got..
: : : : : : Crespi
: : : : : : Alemany
: : : : : : HW
: : : : : : Loyola
: : : : : : St. Francis
: : : : : : ND
: : : : : : Nade
: : : : : : Mission league will be very solid this year. Nade will struggle to get a W in league.
: : : : : I predict St. Francis to be better than usual. Feel like Wolfson in his 3rd year has the culture going the right way..
: : : : : Alemany
: : : : : Crespi
: : : : : HW/St.Francis
: : : : : Loyola- has been trending the wrong way for the last 3 seasons
: : : : : Notre Dame
: : : : : Chaminade- A mess
: : : :
: : : : I disagree that Chaminade is a mess.
: : : : If anything, I think they are cleaning up a mess.
: : : : Much as Wolfson had to change the culture, now Cantwell needs to do that with Chaminade.
: : : : Gone are all the transfers and is a good frosh class to build around.
: : : : Are they going to be good? Probably not and probably going to take some lumps this year, but they have made the decision to reset the program and they should be given a couple years to get it right.
: : :
: : : I hope i am wrong, but yes Chaminade is a mess until it proves it is not.. that is how it works. You have to prove your way out...
: : : Can Cantwell do that here? Fix the culture? Time will tell.. although the last time he coached (10 seasons ago) he went (13-15), the year before (16-12), the year before (20-8) and the year before that (8-16).
: : : That is a pretty big sample size on Cantwell's capabilities.
: : : I wish them luck in cleaning it up over there
: : And when he stopped coaching back then, he left a loaded team and the seeds were planted for the run that came after that.
: : I'm not saying they are going to do anything worth noting on the court this year, but establishing a new/better culture and developing a solid program will serve the school better going forward. More development, less drama.
: : I saw them beat Valencia in that Calabasas showcase, and they played hard and the kids were having fun.
: : Basically, while they may not be good right now, they are not a mess. Probably 5 or 6 in Mission League this year, but I bet they get better next year, and even better the year after that.
: politics galore
The Mission league is hot garbage. They have great fans but let's stop overrating the hoops teams. The early rankings of teams in it is all off. How do people put Alemany over Crespi? You know that Brandon Williams is over there right? Crespi coaching > Alemany coaching. It hurts to say it but Alemany isn't better than Harvard Westlake.
1. Crespi - Brandon Williams, Brandon Williams, Coach Russ, Kyle Owens
2. Harvard Westlake - Johnny Juzang, if he passes the ball once in awhile. Coaching Staff is good.
3. Alemany - DJ & Fred are coo. Coaching is garbage juice. 3rd in the league because the rest of the league isn't good.
4. St Francis - Time to get off of the St Francis has great coaching wagon. The team is always near the bottom of the league & the coach is always touting his team. With Javon (formerly Village) & Dennis (formerly Chaminade) they should be better. But they'll be top 4 because of a struggling league.
5. Loyola - good coaching & nice gym.
6. Notre Dame - The new coach has them playing well together but idk if they have the horses to be top 5 in their league. But they looked a lot better playing team ball this summer than they did last most of year.
7. Chaminade - man they're bad. And they're going to be bad for a long time. They just keep making bad decisions. They should've taken Vincent Oliver from Notre Dame. He isn't a great coach but he'd be better than Coach Cantwell who's going to do daddy ball. They're playing freshman and those kids aren't varsity players.
Post a Followup